The Saga

The Student News Site of Pleasant Valley High School

The Saga

The Saga

Local Halloween and Fall Activities !

Ali

In Chico, during the fall season, there are many fun activities to participate in. Chico has done activities like this for many years. Some of the Halloween activities include going downtown where businesses open their doors to give out candy. Divine Sundays fall market is where small local businesses set up stands, there is also trick or treating, contests, and prizes for all to enjoy. 

The Divine Sundays market had many stands with lots of handmade stuff. There were also many people and they were all dressed up! Everyone there had so many great costumes! Amber Thompson, a business seller, says her favorite thing about this market is all of the “creative people and art!” She also said this was one of her “favorite events and [she] will definitely return next year.” To ensure that the people of Chico were safe and protected, there were a number of Police officers guarding the market. 

Another great event in Chico during the Halloween season is Treat Street, where many people wore costumes. Lots of businesses, live music, and photo opp

Alia Dulbecco

s! This is a great event for all ages and is especially magical for little kids. All of the people there were so patient, especially with the children running around screaming for candy. 

Lastly, some events you could note for next season include fall carnivals, the haunted corn maze, upper ridge trunk-or-treat, and carnivals. And just trick-or-treating in general for the youth of chico. While trick-or-treating, while joined by her friends,  Mary MacMillanand said her favorite part is “getting ready with her friends.” Eva Tsournos said, “my favorite candy is Reeses” and “I  like hanging out with friends!  Remember to stay safe! 

View Comments (1)