The Saga

The Student News Site of Pleasant Valley High School

The Saga

The Saga

Tonight We See the Light: A Prom to Remember

Anthony Vang

Everyone was excited for Prom as soon as they heard about the theme. A Disney’s Tangled-Inspired prom was going to be an amazing way to finish the high school experience for many seniors, and everything was set for the night to be perfect. 

The weather, however, disagreed. The day of prom, right as people were getting ready, It began to rain and hail, with thunder, lightning, and high speed winds. For Keni Bonner, a Junior at PV, it threw a wrench in her and her friends’ plan to take photos outside on a warm may afternoon. Even as the rain began to stop and the clouds began to part right as people lined up for the dance, she says that the “floor was still wet outside the Butte Creek Country Club, making “a lot of people’s dresses wet”.

As the storm died down, the dance was just beginning. Brendyn England, a guest at the dance, says one of the most memorable parts of the dance was the “crowd itself”, seeing “at least 5 or 6 people crowd surfing over the course of the night.” Vivid lights and rhythmic beats set the scene for everyone to dance to their hearts content, dressed their best. 

That night, the final vote was made for the 2024 Prom King and Prom Queen, with the positive news ending the night on a good note, leaving the Class of 2024 excited for what comes next.

Anthony Vang