The Saga

The Student News Site of Pleasant Valley High School

The Saga

The Saga

PV Welcomes Class of 2028

Anthony Vang

In February, Pleasant Valley welcomed  the eighth graders or as PV will come to know them: the class of 2028. In the school year of 2024-25, PV will see many new faces, including the ones that visited Pleasant Valley on  February 15. These students came from a variety of different schools. Such as Marsh, Blue Oak, Chico Jr., Bidwell, and Chico Country Day. All of who had fun and had a great time, looking around our beautiful campus. They got to explore the library and the new welding building.

Anthony Vang
Anthony Vang

The day started in the Varley Gym with PV teacher, Stefani Volk explaining the activities and expectations of the day. After many fun and interactive games, in which the kids gave it their all, chairs were flying, people slammed to the floor in a very intense game of musical chairs. Voices were lost in the strong echo of the room. It’d be a good guess to say that the majority of the group lost a portion of their hearing because of the loud music. Fun in the gym ended with a Viking Clap and transitioned into the tour of the school’s campus and to check out the clubs.

Some of the clubs that were set up were chess, Key club, STUGO, and SAGA. A lot of which were trying with much effort to recruit the new students. Some even started falsely advertising free food if people joined. Everyone was very enthusiastic about preaching for their club. At the end of the day it was a success: people were enlisted in schools and in clubs and everybody was happy. The PV family  is looking forward to meeting these faces next school year in August of 2024.